Insurance & Billing Options
Investing in Quality Midwifery Care
Clients with Insurance:
Laoch Midwifery is in network with most major insurance companies in Washington State, including the Apple Health Plans. Ingrid Skjelstad at Island Billing Services handles the billing for our practice. We work hard to ensure that you will have as few financial surprises as possible. If you would like an estimate before starting care, you can receive one here.
At your first visit with us, we will get a copy of your insurance information and send it off to Ingrid and her staff. They will confirm your insurance coverage and within a few weeks, you will also receive a detailed estimate of your out-of-pocket costs. These out-of-pocket amounts are due by the 36th week of your pregnancy. You will receive a monthly invoice with the opportunity to make payments throughout your care to reduce the burden on your family.
Questions about your bill or insurance? Please contact Island Billing directly at (360)632-4435, or send her a message through your Maternity Neighborhood account.
Want to buy insurance or see if you qualify for Apple Health? Visit https://www.wahealthplanfinder.org
Clients without Insurance:
We offer competitive global rates for anyone who is not using health insurance. Clients are offered a $1,000 pre-pay discount if your invoice is paid in full prior to 36 weeks. Full details available when you schedule a consultation or initial visit. We don't want cost to be the reason you don’t get great care, so we are willing to work with families and create reasonable payment plans.
Tricare and Active Duty Military:
We want everyone to have access to quality midwifery care. This is especially true for our clients on active duty and our Tricare covered clients. Unfortunately, Tricare will not contract with licensed midwives. We offer a $900 discount for military families in addition to our $1000 pre-pay discount for all cash clients.
Families with pay grades at E-4 and below often qualify for Apple Health and should apply here.
Fees and Costs NOT covered by insurance
- Planned Home birth Fee ($500)
- Unplanned Home birth Fee ($1000)
- Birth Tub Rental and clean-up ($300)
- Transfer of care (up to $1000)If you labor with us but transfer to the hospital we do not get paid by your insurance company.
- Repeat texts and calls after-hours that are non-urgent ($50/occurrence)
- Natural Induction and Lactation Supplies ($20-50)
- Multiple Revisions for FMLA, STD and Paid Family Leave paperwork (up to $20 each)
- Lactation visits beyond routine postpartum care ($300 each) Non-Stress Tests ($150 each)
- Non-routine Newborn/Parenting visits ($300 each)
- Trip fee for Home Visits greater than 10 miles away from Laoch Office ($10-50 +tolls or ferry costs)